Archive for June, 2014
Same as most people, my taste develops perpetually, but I believe over time I evolved my own style.
Today I came up with my personal style tips:
1. For day-to-day it’s about ease while still merging trends.
2. I like to be inspired by the catwalks – I like adopting pieces from here and there and then making my own expression.
3. Accessories are really important to me. I suppose they truly create the outfit and support the definition of your personal style, more than clothes.
4. Dress for yourself first, you have to feel good in your outfit to genuinely look good.
5. Do not be timid to attempt something unusual for you. Like I did with this new DVF splash of red!
6. Finally, you don’t have to deplete your credit card. It’s about key pieces, fashion sense and express yourself through your looks.
What are your style rules?
I like to consider denim shorts an investment to treasure for years.
Casual, Easy & Versatile, they just improve in the long time.
It’s a twenty-four hours piece which you can wear day to night and here is how I styled it for you this time.
I trust ease.
It gives me self-assurance.
I am not a dress girl, I like my outfits to be always boyish.
Even when I work, I will wear a T-shirt (lately I prefer linen over cotton). I rely on a daily uniform of essentials: denim or slouchy trousers, tee or shirt and blazer. It is 10 minutes to get ready, including make-up.
My real favourites are accessories over clothes .. Bags and Shoes are my closet confidentials .. I think they tell a lot about someone’s personality.
It is all about the message you want to send! Go Girls!!
T-shirt: Claudie Pierlot (long sleeve option here)
Trousers: Maje (here)
Shoes: Birkenstock Arizona (here)
Necklace: Max Mara (similar here)
Sunglasses: Celine (here)
Bag: Celine (here)
It was time to style whites out, considering it a positive power argument. I won the fear to wear it head to toe and I enjoyed the result. We can also consider it a wardrobe treat or a summer game. The theme of this outfit was to sport layers – opaque versus shine cuts.
White has always been a summertime standard in every closet and now it is all about sporty ease, just the way I like it.
I styled my new culottes with a crop top. If the occasion doesn’t allow you to wear a short statement top or you do not like the see through effect, it would work well also layered over a long shirt. I would choose a light blue one for this colour palette. For an extra style tip I feel culottes look champion when the top half is wholly covered, way up to the neck. (I am not going to complain the weather did not allow me to wear it this way). Culottes function with heels or flats, reckon how elegant you want to be.
There is something masculine about this trend affirmation and I always like the idea of girls suiting menswear for their own.
Culottes: Zara (more here)
Cropped top: Maje (more here)
Shoes: Adidas Originals Stan Smith (here)